Open Source at MITRE
The MITRE Corporation has been involved with many different open source
projects throughout the years, many of which have been founded by MITRE itself.
This page is an incomplete list of projects that are available here on GitHub.
If you would like to add your project to the list, submit an
issue or (better yet) a
pull request with the
MITRE’s Technology Transfer Office maintains a list of open source projects
Questions about any MITRE open source projects or contributions can be directed
A selection of repositories in the MITRE organization:
- atdf Automated Test Decision Framework. Decision aid tool helps prioritize introduction of automated test to legacy systems in the DevOps pipeline.
- Callisto Text Markup Application
- CPSA Cryptographic Protocol Shapes Analyzer
- FMACM An aircraft and control model for Flight Deck Interval Management MOPS testing by RTCA SC-186 members.
- ptmatch and ptmatch-frontend A patient matching service that builds on the Intervention Engine FHIR Server
- Vulnerable Mobile Apps A collection of mobile apps that demonstrate vulnerabilities and privacy violating behaviors.
The following GitHub organizations host MITRE-developed code:
- ACE Accessible Communications for Everyone
- ACE Connect Lite VRS platform for deaf and hard-of-hearing individuals using a videophone and the hearing community.
- ACE Direct Open source video software for consumer-facing call centers in both government organizations and private sector companies that will allow callers who use American Sign Language to directly interact with customer service representatives.
- HashConfig Open-source tool to process secure JSON configuration files.
- ACE Quill App Open source Android app developed as a test tool to support usability research and test studies involving cloud-based speech-to-text (STT) engines.
- ACE Quill Server Open source server developed to support usability research and test studies involving cloud-based speech-to-text engines. The ACE Quill server interfaces to Google Speech, Microsoft Bing Speech, and IBM Watson to provide captioning in the form of text. In addition, the ACE Quill server also provides a web-based portal for researchers to display and download collected data.
- Analytic Technology Industry Roundtable The Analysis Exchange project and related use cases for information exchange ideas in complex data analytics.
- Cedar eCQM Collections System Testing Tool
- Crucible Standards conformance tester for
- CrystalDS Crystal Decision Support
- CybOX Cyber Observable eXpresssion
- cypress Meaningful Use Stage 2 Clinical Quality Measure testing and certification tool
- hQuery A framework for distributed querying of health data
- hReader Secure patient-centric mobile family health manager
- iMAS iOS Mobile Application Security
- Intervention Engine A web-application for data-driven team huddles
- MAEC Malware Attribute Enumeration and Characterization
- Mandolin Large-scale Machine Learning using Apache Spark
- Medirectory A prototype healthcare directory
- MITRECND cybersecurity
- MITREid Connect Reference implementation of the OpenID Connect protocol
- OpenMPF The Open Media Processing Framework, is a scalable, web-friendly platform designed to bring modern algorithms to media analytics.
- OpenSextant Open geospatial and temporal information extraction toolkit
- OVAL Open Vulnerability and Assessment Language
- PDMP A testbed to demonstrate integration of prescription drug monitoring programs with health IT systems. Uses hData and OpenSearch technologies.
- popHealth Meaningful Use Clinical Quality Measure reference implementation
- RHEx RESTful Health Exchange
- Standard Health Record The Standard Health Record (SHR) provides a high quality, computable source of patient information by establishing a single target for health data standardization.
- STIX Structured Threat Information eXpression
- SVMP The Secure Virtual Mobile Platform is an open system for running virtual smartphones in the cloud.
- Synthetic Health Synthetic Healthcare Patient Population Simulator
- TAXII Trusted Automated eXchange of Indicator Information
- Transcript Pharmacy informatics tools for information extraction and error checking.
- Atmospheric MATLAB Toolbox for accessing, analyzing, and visualizing atmospheric data.
- Bonnie Clinical Quality Measure Testing Tool
- Cogulator A Cognitive Modeling Calculator
- Control-Component-Library Control Component Library (PIDs, Saturators, etc.) and associated integrators & differentiators for Java
- Generation AI Nexus Generation AI Nexus Courseware and Materials
- Intellect DSL and Rules Engine For Python
- IVML Interactive Visualization Markup Language library
- MAT MITRE Annotation Toolkit
- MIST MITRE Identification Scrubber Toolkit
- PLUS Provenance: Understanding and Linking Sources is a system for capturing, querying, and analyzing data provenance
- secretsharing A Java implementation of the Shamir Secret Sharing Scheme vetted by MITRE cryptographers.